Towards joint management of the transboundary Gauja/Koiva river basin district (Gauja/Koiva)
Duration: July 2011 – July 2013
Partners: Latvian Institute of Aquatic Ecology; Latvian Ministry of the Environmental Protection and Regional Development; University of Latvia – Institute of Biology; Baltic Environmental Forum Latvia; Baltic Environmental Forum Estonia; Tallinn University of Technology; Estonian University of Life Sciences
Financiers: Estonia-Latvia Programme 2007-2013
The overall objective was to enhance management of shared surface and groundwater resources by development of a joint river basin management plan for the transboundary Gauja/Koiva river basin district.
The specific objectives were:
- to get unified boundaries of trans-boundary water bodies;
- to clarify and set common water quality objectives for the basin district;
- to harmonise the approaches and methods for the key aspects of river basin management plans;
- to select cost efficient measures for improvement of water status;
- to provide information and public involvement in water management.
+372 6597 027