Chemicals and consumer awereness
LIFE AskREACH helps consumers and companies to apply the “Right to Know” about substances of very high concern in consumer goods. During the project, a database has been developed which can be filled with information on SVHC in articles by article suppliers. The database is connected to a smartphone application (Scan4Chem) which consumers can use to obtain information on SVHC in articles. If the desired data are not yet available in the database, an information request can be sent to the article supplier.
Project website: www.askreach.eu
LIFE AskREACH aims at:
- raising consumer awareness about substances of high concern (SVHC) in articles,
- enabling consumers to make responsible purchasing decisions,
- raising supplier awareness of their obligation to comply with REACH information duties,
- improving the information flow on SVHC between consumers and suppliers, and
- improving supply chain communication processes with the aim of substituting SVHC with safer alternatives.
BEF EE is an associated partner in this project. Scan4Chem is available for download in Estonia.